UC Browser 12.0 Released With Features Including Data Savings, No Buffering Videos and More
UC Browser, the most popular smartphone browser from UCWeb has announced & pushed a new version only for Indian users. The UC Browser 12.0 – already available for download via Google Play – comes with new features and optimizations with a big focus on videos.
UC Browser now claims to save up to 50 percent data when viewing videos, as compared to the previous version, with the aim of offering a “no buffering” video experience. Users of the latest version of the browser on Android can tap on the play and watch video while it is downloading in the background, the company says the browser has crossed 130 Million Monthly Active Users in India.
Also, there is a new video preview feature as well. A user can get a preview on a thumbnail by clicking the video and decide whether to continue watching before downloading the whole clip. Additionally, in a new multitasking feature, users can watch a video and browse at the same time.
The browser now runs on the upgraded core U4 Kernel, which the company says, enables faster page loads without draining RAM. This will essentially helpful low RAM smartphone users.
Top features of UC Browser 12.0
- Save 50% Data – The new UC Browser supports the latest video coding format, VP9 Codec, helping save up to 50 % data as compared to the last version while returning the same video quality
- Watch Videos While Downloading & Video Previews – The updated browser gives users a “no buffering” video experience. Viewers can also click “Play” and watch video simultaneously while it is downloading. Further-user can easily get a preview on a thumbnail by clicking the video and decide whether to continue watching before downloading the whole clip
- Smoother Browsing Experience – UC Browser now runs on the upgraded core U4 Kernel, which allows for faster page loads without draining the RAM of the device. This helps with providing a fast and smooth browsing experience, even for users with budget phones that have RAM as low as 1-2 GB
- The flexibility of Switching Definition – The upgraded browser supports new Media Source Extensions, introduced by World Wide Web to facilitate video streaming on websites. It will help optimize pre-loading of video on the website and switch the definition automatically under different network situations
- Smart Weather & Smart Zodiac – The updated version has added two customized functions – Smart Weather and Smart Zodiac Signs. Now the browser will remind users about the weather forecast and horoscope prediction of the day
- Supports Multi-tasking – User can now continue to watch a video and browse simultaneously – the video plays in a small window